where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
jagadish
NDT Inspector
heisco, Kuwait, Joined Aug 2006, 7

jagadish

NDT Inspector
heisco,
Kuwait,
Joined Aug 2006
01:22 Aug-22-2006
light or black image B

I thank you for the clarification of my query regarding backscatter radiation.Is the dark image of B is due to the reflection of secondary gamma radiation from the letter B. And moreover based on your clarification is it confirmed that either dark or light image of letter B appears in every case. Expecting one more response from you

RT Guy
RT Guy
02:19 Aug-22-2006
Re: light or black image B
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I thank you for the clarification of my query regarding backscatter radiation.Is the dark image of B is due to the reflection of secondary gamma radiation from the letter B. And moreover based on your clarification is it confirmed that either dark or light image of letter B appears in every case. Expecting one more response from you
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

Correct! A light image of the B means reject. A dark image or no image means accept

Arun
Arun
07:45 Aug-22-2006
Re: light or black image B
-Hai, This Letter B is placed at the back side of film,
if there is a light image of letter B appears in the film after processing it is the indication for back scatter
Arun
---------- Start Original Message -----------
: I thank you for the clarification of my query regarding backscatter radiation.Is the dark image of B is due to the reflection of secondary gamma radiation from the letter B. And moreover based on your clarification is it confirmed that either dark or light image of letter B appears in every case. Expecting one more response from you
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window