where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Proceq
Proceq NDT experts introduce the new advanced ultrasonic Proceq Flaw Detector 100. Watch our webinar!

08:37 Jul-30-1999

Farshid Alizadeh

NDT Inspector, Eng. sales
Hitan Co Ltd,
Iran,
Joined Oct 1999
urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.

U R G E N T

: Dear Friends,

: I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

: Thank you very much in advance.

: Regards.

: Farshid

02:31 Jul-30-1999
Norm Woodward
Re: urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.

: : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

BTW, if anyone is thinking about a portable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

It is available commercially from:
NTIC
US Dept of Commerce
5285 Port Royal Rd
Springfield VA 22161

Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

Norm

02:48 Sep-08-1999
Norm Taormina
Re: urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.
: : : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

:
: One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

: Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

: Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

: Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

: BTW, if anyone is thinking about a portable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

: It is available commercially from:
: NTIC
: US Dept of Commerce
: 5285 Port Royal Rd
: Springfield VA 22161

: Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

: Norm

: AEA Technology has an outstanding "C" scan ultrasonic imaging system that images "C","D", and "E" scans concurrently. E-mail me for info. if your interested.

09:41 Sep-08-1999
Peter Simpson
Re: urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing. If you want to evaluate ANDSCAN a system could be made available for rental from Ashtead Technology Ltd, tel +44 (0)1224 771888.

Regards

Peter Simpson
www.ashtead-technology.com

:
: : : : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

: :
: : One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

: : Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

: : Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

: : Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

: : BTW, if anyone is thinking about aportable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

: : It is available commercially from:
: : NTIC
: : US Dept of Commerce
: : 5285 Port Royal Rd
: : Springfield VA 22161

: : Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

: : Norm

: : AEA Technology has an outstanding "C" scan ultrasonic imaging system that images "C","D", and "E" scans concurrently. E-mail me for info. if your interested.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|