where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Farshid Alizadeh
NDT Inspector, Eng. sales
Hitan Co Ltd, Iran, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Farshid Alizadeh

NDT Inspector, Eng. sales
Hitan Co Ltd,
Iran,
Joined Oct 1999
08:37 Jul-30-1999
urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.

U R G E N T

: Dear Friends,

: I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

: Thank you very much in advance.

: Regards.

: Farshid

Norm Woodward
Norm Woodward
02:31 Jul-30-1999
Re: urgent required one C-Scan UT System for purchasing.

: : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

BTW, if anyone is thinking about a portable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

It is available commercially from:
NTIC
US Dept of Commerce
5285 Port Royal Rd
Springfield VA 22161

Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

Norm

Norm Taormina
Norm Taormina
02:48 Sep-08-1999

: : : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

:
: One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

: Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

: Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

: Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

: BTW, if anyone is thinking about a portable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

: It is available commercially from:
: NTIC
: US Dept of Commerce
: 5285 Port Royal Rd
: Springfield VA 22161

: Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

: Norm

: AEA Technology has an outstanding "C" scan ultrasonic imaging system that images "C","D", and "E" scans concurrently. E-mail me for info. if your interested.

Peter Simpson
Peter Simpson
09:41 Sep-08-1999
If you want to evaluate ANDSCAN a system could be made available for rental from Ashtead Technology Ltd, tel +44 (0)1224 771888.

Regards

Peter Simpson
www.ashtead-technology.com

:
: : : : I am searching UT scanner suitable for c-scan testing of auto parts with common analog UT instrument and imaging software ?

: :
: : One unit I have admired from afar is Krautkramer/Hocking's ANDSCAN unit. It would use your own UT instrument, which I think you want, plus it has quite a bit of flexibility as to contours of the surface.

: : Boeing (formerly McDonnell-Douglas) has a MAUS system which may be considered, but it sort of assumes that you will be using its pulser/receiver, though it could be overridden if you wanted to use your own equipment.

: : Each has eddy current and bondtesting capabilities also.

: : Your local Krautkramer dealer can tell you about ANDSCAN; Ms Nancy Wood would love to talk to you about the MAUS at (314)234-9028.

: : BTW, if anyone is thinking about aportable C-scan unit, but not in a rush, they may be interested in buying or borrowing a report written by Sandia National Labs, back in 1994, called "Evaluation of Scanners for C-Scan Imaging in NDI of Aircraft - SAND94-0945." Though not up-to-date, it does do side-by-side comparisons of several systems still available today. It's sort of a "Consumer's Report" of C-Scan equipment.

: : It is available commercially from:
: : NTIC
: : US Dept of Commerce
: : 5285 Port Royal Rd
: : Springfield VA 22161

: : Unfortunately, I can't find the price for it, but it could be worth whatever the cost, not to have to check every system available.

: : Norm

: : AEA Technology has an outstanding "C" scan ultrasonic imaging system that images "C","D", and "E" scans concurrently. E-mail me for info. if your interested.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window