where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
mudiharyanto
mudiharyanto
00:20 Aug-09-1999
TCG

Dear Sir,
I am very interesting to see your nice homepage.
Please help me Sir, I want to know information about the Time Corrected Gain Ultrasonic (TCG-theoritical)).

Thanks a lot for this matter.

Best Regards,
Mudi Haryanto
NDT Inspector

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
02:29 Aug-09-1999
Re: TCG
Defination of "TCG"

Time-dependent gain (TDG)

Time dependent or swept gain function fitted to some ultrasonic instruments to
correct for the distance related reduction in reflected amplitude.
Editor comment: Usually called DAC 'distance amplitude correction' or TCG 'time controlled gain'

This definitions is used in the standard EN 12688-1 "Characterization and verification of ultrasonic examination -
Part 1: Instruments" For other definations the EN 1330 shall apply.
http://www.ndt.net/article/ut_az/ut_u/info/def_eq.htm

----------------
: Dear Sir,
: I am very interesting to see your nice homepage.
: Please help me Sir, I want to know information about the Time Corrected Gain Ultrasonic (TCG-theoritical)).

: Thanks a lot for this matter.

: Best Regards,
: Mudi Haryanto
: NDT Inspector

mudi haryanto
mudi haryanto
03:56 Aug-10-1999
Thanks for response soon,
I have an USD 10 (krautkramer), and for reject of assumption I used TCG. My question is how to applied and procedure of TCG ?
I can operate TCG corresponding to manual USD 10 but I don't know to apply for reject.
is the TCG include ASME, DGS, or AWS standard ?
I want to change information, may be everbody do you have experience to use USD 10 ?

Thanks

Mudi haryanto

E. Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1274

E. Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:48 Aug-10-1999
Mudi:
ASME Section V Article 4 Appendix B Gives instructions on how to construct a Distance Amplitude Correction curve to set your primary sensitivity.
These instructions are for the "traditional" curve drawing marked directly on the screen. However, the CURVE is one option for the amplitude correction that is required with increasing soundpath.
When you go to the main body of ASME Section V Article 5 T-542.4.3 (as well as Article 4 Appendix B) it states that other techniques for calibrating angle beams may be used.
Since TCG (Time Corrected Gain) is merely a convenient method of increasing gain as distance along the timebase increases, this effectively allows you to provide the same sort of compensation to sensitivity as is provided with the DAC curve.
The advantage of the TCG is that for greater distances the signals to evaluate are a smaller percentage of the total screen height when using a DAC curve.
But when TCG is used the signals evaluated for 20% of the Reference sensitivity are the same screen height at 90% of the screen range (soundpath) as they are at 20% of the screen range.

I do not know the requirements for AWS but the wording in ASME obviously permits TCG.

Ed

: : Dear Sir,
: Thanks for response soon,
: I have an USD 10 (krautkramer), and for reject of assumption I used TCG. My question is how to applied and procedure of TCG ?
: I can operate TCG corresponding to manual USD 10 but I don't know to apply for reject.
: is the TCG include ASME, DGS, or AWS standard ?
: I want to change information, may be everbody do you have experience to use USD 10 ?

:
: Thanks

: Mudi haryanto

joseph
joseph
00:44 Mar-01-2000
: I am very interesting to see your nice homepage.
: Please help me Sir, I want to know information about the Time Corrected Gain Ultrasonic (TCG-theoritical)).

: Thanks a lot for this matter.

: Best Regards,
: Mudi Haryanto
: NDT Inspector

Product Spotlight

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window