There have been a lot of developments around renewable energy recently and much speculation regarding the number of wind farm installations being built around the European coast. |
In some European countries, legislation states that any fixed installation requires an annual inspection.
The CSWIP 3.3U - Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Inspector course run by TWI Training & Examination Services is the perfect first point of call. A small ROV can conduct a general video survey of the entire submerged structure including scour survey, cathodic protection and thickness readings if required.
A Diver Tender course would be of great benefit. Inshore diving regulations require a minimum three-man dive team comprising supervisor, diver and a stand-by diver.
The remaining members of the team are not required to be qualified commercial divers however, the inshore regulations state that the diving contractor must be satisfied that the Diver Tenders are competent.
TWI offers such training based around the Diving at Work Regulations 1997 Approved Code of Practice. The first course took place in February in Middlesbrough, UK and the attendees feedback was excellent. The training covers:
- Basic explanation of health and safety legislation
- Scope and areas covered by the code
- Explaining definitions within the regulations
- Explanation of roles and responsibilities within the Dive Team focusing on the role of a Diver Tender
- General diving methods and equipment
- Description of functions of various plant and equipment relating to a dive site
- Glossary of terms and comprehensive check list
- Safety considerations working with or in the vicinity of various hazards
- Description of various diving dress and their functions used within the industry
- Instruction on the various diving hats and locking systems used within the industry
- Practical application which would involve dressing commercial divers under supervision at our underwater facility in Middlesbrough, UK.
For further information, please contact Dave McIver on: +44 (0) 1642 216320 or contact us.
TWI Ltd (The Welding Institute)