UniWests US-454A Eddy Current Instrument offers single- and multi-frequency Eddy Current (EC) inspection, unprecedented signal-to-noise ratio, frequency mixing capabilities, USB and Ethernet data storage capability, and exceptional digital strip chart data collection. It also features UniWests EddyView® color display. The 454As signal to noise ratio redefines NDE inspection in the field, the lab, and wherever high level, accurate eddy current testing is needed. Its unprecedented signal to noise and filtering capabilities allow for inspection in applications outside of the scope of portable eddy current equipment.
The 454As primary advantage is its ability to be integrated into an automated system. Control of the US-454A with either the USB or Ethernet aswell as the dual encoder position input makes it an ideal instrument for systems. The field-proven features of the direct access keys, control knob and large, bright colored display makes it a user-friendly instrument for the entry-level NDT technician to operate.
The 454A is a lightweight, hand-held, battery-operated instrument that can be connected to a laptop, PC, and motion controllers for use in semi- or fullyautomated data collection applications--such as surface inspection of aircraft fuselages or measurement of critical engine wear using a 32-element probe. Two encoder inputs enable position stamping of data. Pulse-on position input is ideal for motion control applications, in which mechanical devices move a part past a sensor and mark the location of any detected flaw for further evaluation. Such is the case in testing of critical aircraft engine components. Ethernet and USB capabilities enable instrument control, along with time- and position-stamped data transfer to the computer.
Features of the 454A:
- Versatile, configurable to 1, 2, 3 or 4 frequencies
- Unprecedented signal-to-noise ratio and filtering capabilities
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 15 MHz
- Bright, 6.5" color LCD flat-panel EddyView® display with 16-bit resolution and external RGB output.
- Built on UniWests rugged 454 architecture
- Outstanding digital strip chart recording
- Two encoder inputs for position stamping of data
- Pulse-on position input for motion control applications
- Large, easy-to-see digital impedance display, including time-based image
- Storage of up to 250 individual 4-MB data files on a 1-G card
- Programmable: stores up to 1,000 test setups
- High-speed scanner connection
- Video LCD display
- Lithium ion rechargeable battery pack, 10.8 Volts, 5400 mAh
- Programmable push-button function keys
- Weight: 5 lbs. with battery, 4 lbs. without battery
- Dimensions: 11.5" long × 7.5" high × 3" deep