|TWI has combined its non-destructive testing and asset integrity management activities to better provide a holistic solution to asset management for Industrial Members and external customers.
The new Non-Destructive Testing and Asset Reliability technology group at TWI combines the expertise and skills of over 90 engineers, consultants and technicians dedicated to the development of advanced innovative inspection and risk management solutions. The TWI team will help companies to:
- maximise plant life and availability
- optimise inspection, repair and maintenance spend
- meet safety, environmental and reliability requirements
- train equipment owners and operators to be more informed and competent engineers
- provide software tools for equipment owners and operators (standard and customised packages)
- provide rapid on- and off-site engineering consultancy for plant irregularities
- undertake design reviews
- assess in-service damage.
The new multi-disciplinary service brings together the activities of existing TWI service functions and group companies:
- Conventional and Advanced NDT (Cambridge)
- Asset Integrity Management
- Long Range Ultrasonic testing
- Condition and Structural Health monitoring
- TWI NDT Validation Centre (Wales)
- Plant Integrity Ltd.
It allows TWI to offer a complete solution for industry covering: technique development, numerical modelling, automation, procedure preparation, inspection validation / technical justification, risk-based inspection, fitness for service, remaining life assessment, site deployment and bespoke training.
In addition, the launch of NDT Research and Engineering Services (RES) International, providing a dedicated interface in India and Malaysia with TWI UK engineering resources, has enabled TWI to strengthen its inspection services activities internationally. TWI’s Non-Destructive Testing and Asset Integrity Technology Group is pleased to offer asset integrity management services in conjunction with NDT Inspection, for the benefit of Industrial Members in these regions.
For more information on our services, products or software please contact NATGinfo@twi.co.uk
- Products and software for maximum asset performance
- Teletest® Guided wave technology
- Condition Monitoring System
- RiskWiseTM (API RP 580/581)
- ENGFitTM (API 579-1/ASME FFS-1)
- Pipeline Integrity Management System
- TestPep – Phased array inspection of plastic pipe
- Railect – Phased array inspection of alumina-thermic weld
TWI Ltd (The Welding Institute)