|With the Volume Graphics product family – consisting of VGSTUDIO MAX, VGSTUDIO, VGMETROLOGY, VGinLINE, and myVGL – all kinds of analyses and visualizations can be carried out directly on data from industrial computed tomography (CT). |
Heidelberg , 10/13/2017 -- Volume Graphics, a provider of leading analysis and visualization software for industrial computed tomography (CT) data, has made immense strides with the 3.1 version of its software solutions VGSTUDIO MAX, VGSTUDIO, VGinLINE, VGMETROLOGY, and myVGL in the areas that are most important to users in metrology and defect analysis. The innovations include optimized defect analysis, automatic recognition and fitting of geometry elements, and automated generation of reference systems.
Here is an overview of the new functions in 3.1:
Enhanced metrology functions:
- New: Automatically recognize and fit geometry elements with a single mouse click
- New: Automated generation of datum systems
- New: Creation of common datums
- New: Torus geometry element
- New: 3D rotation options for better usability
- Extended wall thickness analysis: Sphere method for calculation of wall thickness even for complex geometries in addition to the classic ray method
- New defect analysis VGEasyPore: Get excellent results faster thanks to simple parameterization and short calculation times
- Further developed: Enhanced porosity/inclusion analysis according to VDG rule P 202, now including a “local adaptive” mode for better pore detection
- New: Import of textured meshes and colored point clouds for a more meaningful documentation and visual analysis of objects
- New: Drawing tool with upper and lower threshold values for easier segmentation even with fluctuating gray values
- New: Enveloping Region of Interest (ROI) for the specific analysis of near-surface properties
- New: Faster structural mechanics simulation by distributed computing on up to 16 network computers
- Further developed: CT Reconstruction Module with tabs for navigation, optimized image quality for helical CT reconstruction (FBP), and improved performance of metal artifact correction
- New in myVGL: Option to adjust the resolution when loading volume data resulting in less memory usage
- Further improved read and write performance in all applications
With these features, Volume Graphics aims to help customers produce more efficiently, examine quality more extensively, and better manage the resulting data. “Enabling better products has always been our goal. We have been developing our software for 20 years now,” says CEO Christof Reinhart. “CT is a great tool for creating a precise and detailed digital picture of a product in one step, or its “digital twin”, if you will. However, the analysis and visualization functions of our software are what make the information contained in the CT scan fully accessible.”
Availability of the New Version
VGSTUDIO MAX 3.1, VGSTUDIO 3.1, VGMETROLOGY 3.1, and VGinLINE 3.1 are available now. Volume Graphics is happy to provide quotes upon request.
Volume Graphics offers free evaluation versions of VGSTUDIO MAX 3.1, VGSTUDIO 3.1, and VGMETROLOGY 3.1 for temporary use.
myVGL 3.1 is available free of charge and can be requested on the Volume Graphics website.
Sneak Peek: Manufacturing Geometry Correction Module
Soon, the Manufacturing Geometry Correction Module will also be released, allowing users to correct the geometry of the tool, mold, or part itself based on deviations of the scanned part from the target model. Read more about the optional add-on module for VGSTUDIO MAX, which will be released later this year, here.
The Manufacturing Geometry Correction Module provides users with a color-coded visualization that shows at a glance where and how the manufactured part deviates from the nominal part, including curvatures and undercuts.
Volume Graphics GmbH