|For more than 10 years now NDT.net has been operating the most popular NDT forum on the Internet.
3000 members from 100 countries are subscribed to get the benefits of this forum, e.g., receiving
messages by email or getting contacts by showing their personal profile to the community. Very early
we launched a forum program which eliminated the drawbacks of the original NDT Newsgroup in 1997.
Key advantages like Web interface (web boards) in conjunction with a mailing list, member profiles,
open to everybody (not password protected). These have made the forum very successful. Of course it
was not always easy to get the forum free from spam so we decided to monitor each message before it
was released to the mailing list. Another milestone was the opening of the Job Board which is now
getting about 50 posts each month.
Today, is the right moment to start a happy new year in 2009, and a new forum program is launched.
Rather than installing one of the many free available Internet forums we developed our own program
thus keeping all benefits of the old forum and adding essential new features. The program now runs
under MySQL Database platform which already shows in the Beta version a lot of new features. Of
course under the new platform we are able to add even more features in the future.
Key features of the new forum are:
- The discussion thread is now visible on one page by showing all replies.
- Users can upload easily one or more images to the message.
- For each member a record of how may posts with access to all posts of each member is available.
- Messages showing more information of user profile if one is a forum member.
- A math question makes the forum more secure against spam robots.
- Users can select a checkbox "notify replies to my email address" while they fill-in the message
- Authors of Jobs or Classified Ads Boards receive a ticket to be able to close their topic (e.g. job
- The Forum Search offers new filter and sorting features for an easy to browse result page.
- We can easily open new board themes, like "Jobs" split now into two boards "Offer" and "Seek".
What about all the discussions of the old forum and workshops since 1996? We are aware about all the valuable
information of questions and answers which are accumulated as HTML-files in the archive until today. For that
reason we imported all the old (about 10.000) messages to the new forum which will appear like those
posted to the new forum. Many thanks to all of forum members who gave so many answers to many questions.
Try The New Forum Now!
Comments and Suggestions are welcome. Please contact Rolf Diederichs via Email Address