Computed Tomography Scanning ServicesCarl Zeiss IMT Cooperation2, Maple Grove, MN, USA
Our North American Industrial Computed Tomographu Scanning Service Center opens up many possibilities. We offer CT scanning of almost any part and material, from small plastic parts for medical applications to large aluminum castings for automotive uses.
With a completed scan, we are able to see everything inside the part (such as hidden passages, cooling channels, etc.) as well as all external features. The resulting "actual" dataset can be used to perform several unique investigations:
- Non-destructive quantification of internal defects like porosity and wall thickness, analysis of cavities, detection of hairline fractures and inclusions.
- Non-destructive inspection of assemblies, modules and complete devices through simple visualization of the actual status of the interior for functional analysis, damage analysis inside modules and devices, and detection of assembly errors.
- A comparison to a CAD model by producing a surface color map internally and externally that shows deviations from nominal.
- A complete blueprint layout using our CALYPSO GD&T software module.
- Reverse engineer a fully surfaced CAD model.
- Non-destructive patent infringement analysis.
We output to ASCII and STL data formats and to any requested format for reverse engineering models. Also, we review all findings with you, giving you the opportunity to see what our engineers see, before we complete your project and ship it to you. Turn-around time is typically 48 hours (ARO).
The service center has two systems available for scans, a ZEISS METROTOM and a Varian 450kV.
For more information visit www.zeiss.com/imt